Friday, November 5, 2010

What is Love?

Just thought I'd share something that's on my heart.....

The fact that....love.
Love is such a strong word.
Love is everlasting. Love never lets go.

Wanna know something else that's strong? This verse.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves. Love never fails."
1Cor 13:4-8

It's just amazing....that the only everlasting love we are guaranteed to receive...forevermore....is the love of God.

So maybe you think I'm talking crap.

I'm not. I'm completely convinced that God will love through imperfections...through mistakes....through anything.

He doesn't care what we've done.....

and that....that's just epically amazing in my eyes. :)
It's comforting to know that through awful circumstances, the Big Guy upstairs is smiling down at me...ready to embrace me...ready to listen to me rant and rave about everything that's gone wrong in my day.

See...this love...this real love....it's none of that:

i luv you
i luv u
ilu
I (heart) U

junk.

It's simply...and deeply...
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers